Qualifications / Specifications
Small Straight Trucks
- No record of a preventable accident resulting in a fatality or serious injury or payout greater than $100,000.
- No record, citation or conviction during the one-year period prior to the application date of:
- Using a handheld mobile phone or texting while driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV).
- No record, citation or conviction during the thirty-six (36) consecutive months prior to the application date of:
- More than three (3) moving violations
- More than one (1) preventable accident and two (2) moving violations
- Operating a vehicle without a valid license or improper license, including operating a vehicle while a license is expired or under suspension, revocation or cancellation
- Offenses resulting in more than one (1) driver's license suspension for moving violations thirty (30) days or more
- Reckless, aggressive or careless endangerment of any vehicle
- Two (2) or more instances of exceeding the posted speed by 15 m.p.h. or more than one (1) instance of more than 20 m.p.h.
- Operating a CMV when not medically certified
- Operating a vehicle that contains alcoholic beverages, drugs or controlled substances contrary to law
- Any offense resulting in suspension of driving privileges due to excessive or serious moving violations
- Violating an out-of-service order issued by any law enforcement official
- Falsifying any document related to DOT compliance
- Carrying or transporting unauthorized passengers in a CMV
- No record, citation or conviction during the sixty (60) months prior to the application date of:
- Operating any vehicle while unlawfully under the influence of alcohol, drugs or controlled substances
- Failure to submit to or pass drug, controlled substance or alcohol testing mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or requested by any law enforcement official in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to stop or remain at the scene of an accident in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to yield to a school bus while operating any vehicle and causing an accident
- Failure to yield for a railroad crossing while transporting hazardous materials in a CMV
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement official in any vehicle
- Using any vehicle in connection with the commission of a felony
B. COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE POLICY
Drivers of 14' or 22' straight trucks must have an unrestricted class B (or class A) commercial driver's license (CDL). Learner's permits or restricted licenses are not acceptable for drivers of FedEx Custom Critical leased vehicles.
Canadian contractors: please ensure your class G CDL is rated for a GVW greater than the GVW of your vehicle.
C. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND
Felony – no less than 7 years from the date of clearance. (Clearance would be the completion of probation, parole, incarceration or court-ordered diversion program relating to felony.)
DUI/DWI – no less than 5 years
Misdemeanor – no less than 3 years
- Unit must be able to legally scale 5,000-pound payload
- Box floor must be dock high, 48-52" from the ground
- Inside dimensions must be 90" wide x 92" high
- Rear door opening must be minimum 88" high, 85" wide (roll up or swing doors are optional)
- Safety support legs at the rear of the frame of the unit (minimum rating 25,000 pounds)
- Legal sleeper between cab and box
- Box must be white
- Two rows E-Trac (one at floor level, one at 36" above floor at each side)
- Four E-Trac ratcheting straps
- Two E-Trac shoring beams
- Four four-foot pieces of 2x4
- Hammer and nails
- Cargo door lock
Vehicles must be no more than five years old from date of manufacture.