Qualifications / Specifications
- No record of a preventable accident resulting in a fatality or serious injury.
- No record, citation or conviction during the one-year period prior to the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) of more than:
- One moving violation
- One preventable accident
- One preventable accident and one moving violation
- No record, citation or conviction during the three-year period prior to the MVR of more than:
- Three moving violations (two equipment violations equal one moving violation)
- One preventable accident
- One preventable accident and two moving violations
- One suspension period longer than 30 days for any reason
- No record, citation or conviction during the five-year period prior to the MVR order date for:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Refusal to take a test provided for by an implied consent or similar law
- Reckless homicide or involuntary manslaughter
- Operating while under suspension or revocation
- Leaving the scene of an accident or "hit and run"
- Speed exhibition, contest or drag race
- Use of a motor vehicle in the commission of a felony
- Assault with a motor vehicle
- Reckless driving or careless endangerment
- Fleeing or eluding a police officer
- Suspension associated with or caused by excessive or serious moving violations
B. FELONY AND DUI CONVICTIONS
FedEx Custom Critical will not qualify a driver who has been convicted of a felony or DUI within five years, sometimes longer dependent upon the circumstance. Exemption may be granted through a written appeal and approval process.
Drivers with DUIs, felonies or violent misdemeanors are considered "inadmissible" by Canadian authorities and must apply for "rehabilitation" (permission) to enter into Canada. As of June 1, 2001, all new contractors and their drivers must have received this rehabilitation prior to leasing with FedEx Custom Critical. The telephone number for the Canadian border supervisor is 1.905.871.5660.
C. COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE POLICY
Every driver of a cargo van or smaller vehicle leased to FedEx Custom Critical must have an unrestricted class C (or higher) commercial driver's license (CDL).
Learner's permits or restricted licenses are not acceptable for drivers of FedEx Custom Critical leased vehicles.
Canadian contractors: please ensure your Class G CDL is rated for a GVW greater than the GVW of your vehicle.
- Cargo payload capacity of 2,500 pounds
- Minimum 8-1/2' foot cargo bed
- 48" minimum width between wheel wells, door opening 48" high minimum, 48" wide
- Color must be white
- 1/2" plywood floor
- One row E-Trac (above wheel wells)
- Two E-Trac ratcheting straps
- Two four-foot pieces of 2x4
- Hammer and nails
Vehicles must be no more than five years old from date of manufacture.