Qualifications / Specifications
We are currently at capacity for cargo/sprinter vans and are not seeking any additions to our fleet.
- No record of a preventable accident resulting in a fatality or serious injury or payout greater than $100,000.
- No record, citation or conviction during the one-year period prior to the application date of:
- Using a handheld mobile phone or texting while driving a commercial motor vehicle (CMV)
- Failing to properly wear a seatbelt in a CMV, whether as a driver or as a passenger
- More than one (1) instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program’s Unsafe Driving BASIC, under any of the following Groups: Dangerous Driving, Speeding 3, or Speeding 4, only to include work or construction zone
- Any instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program’s Hazardous Materials Compliance BASIC under Group: Load Securement-Hazmat and Unsafe Driving BASIC, under any of the following groups: Texting, Phone Call, or Seat Belt
- No record, citation or conviction during the thirty-six (36) consecutive months prior to the application date of:
- More than two (2) moving violations
- More than one (1) preventable accident, or more than one (1) preventable accident and (1) moving violation in any combination
- Operating a vehicle without a valid license or improper license, including operating a vehicle while a license is expired or under suspension, revocation or cancellation
- Offenses resulting in more than one (1) driver's license suspension for moving violations thirty (30) days or more for moving violations
- Reckless, aggressive or careless endangerment of any vehicle
- Any instance of exceeding the posted speed limit by 15 m.p.h. or more
- Operating a CMV when not medically certified
- Operating a vehicle that contains alcoholic beverages, drugs or controlled substances contrary to law
- Any offense resulting in suspension of driving privileges due to excessive or serious moving violations
- Violating an out-of-service order issued by any law enforcement official
- Falsifying any document related to DOT compliance
- Carrying or transporting unauthorized passengers in a CMV
- Any instance under the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance, Safety, Accountability (CSA) program's Driver Fitness BASIC under Group: Fitness/Jumping OOS or Fraud, or Hours of Service BASIC under Group: Jumping OOS/Driver Fatigued
- No record, citation or conviction during the sixty (60) months prior to the application date of:
- Operating any vehicle while unlawfully under the influence of alcohol, drugs or controlled substances
- Failure to submit to or pass drug, controlled substance or alcohol testing mandated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) or requested by any law enforcement official in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to stop or remain at the scene of an accident in connection with the operation of any vehicle
- Failure to yield to a school bus while operating any vehicle and causing an accident
- Failure to yield for a railroad crossing while transporting hazardous materials in a CMV
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a law enforcement official in any vehicle
- Using any vehicle in connection with the commission of a felony
- An excessive pattern of moving violations, defined as five (5) or more during the sixty (60) months prior to the application date
B. COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE POLICY
Driver of cargo van or smaller vehicle leased on with FedEx Custom Critical must have an unrestricted commercial class C (or higher) driver's license (CDL) along with a hazardous materials endorsement.
Learner's permits or restricted licenses are not acceptable for drivers operating vehicles leased to FedEx Custom Critical.
Canadian contractors: please ensure drivers of leased vehicle has a class G CDL rated for a GVW greater than the GVW of your vehicle.
C. CRIMINAL BACKGROUND
Felony — no less than seven (7) years from the date of clearance. (Clearance would be the completion of probation, parole, incarceration or court-ordered diversion program relating to felony.)
DUI/DWI — no less than five (5) years
Misdemeanor — no less than three (3) years
An individual will not be qualified if they have been convicted of a crime related to sexual abuse and have an active court order mandating registration as a sexual offender.
- Cargo payload capacity of 2,500 pounds
- Minimum 8-1/2' foot cargo bed
- 48" minimum width between wheel wells, door opening 48" high minimum, 48" wide
- Color must be white
- 1/2" plywood floor
- One row E-Trac (above wheel wells)
- Two E-Trac ratcheting straps
- Two four-foot pieces of 2x4
- Hammer and nails
Vehicles must be no more than five years old from date of manufacture.