Securely and cost-effectively transport your “keep cold” products
Looking for a cost-effective way to securely transport your “keep cold” products to wholesalers, hospitals, clinics and retailers? The FedEx Custom Critical Temperature-Controlled Network is a day-definite, temperature-controlled and monitored delivery network within the U.S. dedicated exclusively to the healthcare, pharmaceutical and diagnostics product industries. This tightly integrated network for less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments incorporates service features that are highly valued by your customers.
Features of service
- Transit times. The strategic location of our FedEx Custom Critical Temperature-Controlled Network crossdocks means your customer orders can be delivered to most destinations within the U.S. in 2 to 3 business days.
- End-to-end product integrity. Temperature-validated vehicles and crossdocks maintain a temperature set point of 5.6°C, constantly checked by temperature monitors and our central dispatch operations — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Secure network. Our ISO certified, closed-loop network is designed to maintain cold-chain compliance and undergoes continuous improvement processes.
- Flexible service options. We make flexibility affordable with ancillary features typically only available through premium-priced LTL services, including scheduled appointments, inside delivery, and sortation and segregation.
Benefits for you
- No split shipments. Your entire order, including certain approved hazardous materials, is delivered in one shipment.
- Custodial control. Pickup and delivery arrangements are made directly by FedEx, with no additional hand-offs or third parties.
- Peace of mind. Proactive monitoring and notifications throughout the entire transportation cycle help ensure product quality and security from pickup to delivery.
- Cost savings. Because our temperature-controlled and monitored network maintains your product’s integrity, you don't have to incur the cost of using gel packs or other special packaging and the associated labor involved.
- Regulatory requirements. Thanks to our real-time shipment-status tracking, temperature logging and historical records of environmental conditions, we can help you meet program compliance requirements.