Layers of Security
Additional Secure Services
- Vehicles are sufficiently fueled at time of pickup to meet security standards.
- Vehicles do not stop until destination or at least 200 miles from shipper, whichever comes first.
- Every vehicle is sealed and locked.
- Shipment details are confidential — only discussed with dispatch on a need-to know basis.
- FedEx Service Centers and other locations are qualified for safe parking based
on their level of security.
- Gated, fenced yard, staffed 24 hours, surveillance cameras.
- An additional level of security for freight awaiting delivery at a secure facility instead of a truck stop.
- Safe facility for secure transfer of freight when necessary.
The FedEx Custom Critical SecureCommSM center takes over the monitoring of the shipment and provides more detailed monitoring with a select group of security specialists.
- Proprietary security protocol followed during transit.
- Access to FedEx Security professionals to provide an extra layer of security.
- Creation and implementation of customer-specific security standard operating procedures.